A word from Curt
As you read this, DeDe and I are in Northern Uganda working on details for helping Ulua 2 Camp.
Pray for us!
Prayer requests for the Ulua II Camp located near Adjumani, Uganda
The Dinka is the largest people group in South Sudan. They number about 2.5 to 3 million, with possibly 25 different tribes within the Dinka people group. The Dinka are a proud people with their culture and wealth centering on cattle.
The Dinka are an unreached people group. There are presently two IMB families in the western area of South Sudan that are living and working among the Dinka Rek. There is no other work of the Southern Baptist among this huge population.
Thousands of Dinka have fled South Sudan because of the violent conflict in their country. They have left their cattle and their way of life. They have fled to Internally Displaced People Camps within South Sudan and refugee camps in the bordering countries.
Ulua II is one of the camps in the Adjumani cluster of camps. In Ulua II there are more than 600 households in which there are 50 pregnant women, about 250 disabled/elderly, and 30 unaccompanied minors.
One of the major needs in the camp is clean water. There is only one borehole for this population, and the water pumped there is not healthy. IMB missionaries are partnering with Baptist Global Response (BGR) and national pastors to drill two boreholes in order to provide clean water in Ulua II.
You can donate for projects like Ulua 2’s need for water at Baptist Global Response. Designate your gift for “South Sudan Refugees”
Other needs in the camp are latrines, food, tools, medical care, and schools.
As you pray for this camp please pray for:
- Pray for these people to know the living, loving Savior and that the Most High God is their provider.
- Pray for the camp chairman, Garang Chol Mach. Ask that we have a good working relationship.
- Pray for local Baptist pastors in Adjumani. They are working in the camps.
- Pray that the Lord would clearly guide the IMB personnel who are assigned to work with South Sudanese in how they are to lead Southern Baptists to be on mission with Him.
- Pray for wisdom in responding to the spiritual and humanitarian needs of the South Sudanese who are now in both Uganda and Kenya.
- Pray that the Lord of the Harvest would call out and thrust forth more workers into the South Sudanese field. As of now, the number of personnel assigned to the Chadan Cluster is just too few to enable them to lead in a widespread response.
- Pray that the Lord would show the IMB personnel assigned to work with South Sudanese people how they can partner with national believers and gospel workers serving with other organizations/NGOs, so that through their cooperative efforts more might be done, and done effectively and in a timely manner.
If you will commit to pray for the spiritual and physical needs of the Dinka in Ulua II camp please respond to DeDe Iles at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]