DeDe and I are sharing today about the needs of Voluntary Retiring Missionaries.
These are career overseas workers who’ve chosen to take voluntary early retirement in our organization, the International Mission Board.
Here is the outline of our presentation:
- Pray for peace in the spirits of these servants. They’ve spent a lifetime on their fields. Leaving their people is grief-filled, even similar to dealing with a death.
- Pray for direction in new and fresh ministry. These are talented leaders who have much to offer.
- Pray for life provisions. One friend described this time as similar to a layoff: finding a new job, home, and vehicle are challenging.
- Pray for their families. Many missionaries in this age group are still raising children (does it ever end?) and caring for aged parents.
- Pray for churches and individuals to proactively connect with returning missionaries.
You can pray these prayers from where you are.
It always makes a difference.