Learn more about Lottie Moon by scrolling down* or visiting her Wikipedia page.
You can also learn more and give directly to the Lottie Moon Mission Offering.
- December 1-8 is the Week of Prayer among our denomination. It is the time when we Southern Baptists give an offering toward overseas missions.
- This offering is called the “Lottie Moon Christmas Offering” (LMCO)and goes directly to meet the needs of the nearly 5000 missionaries serving the International Mission Board (IMB).
- Our organization loves acronyms such as “Give to the IMB’s LMCO.”
- Rather than quote statistics or use acronyms, we’re going to tell stories this week. Stories of the folks we are training with who are supported by the Lottie Moon offering.
- I urge you to give to this offering as never before.
I beg of our churches to give sacrificially. Sadly, there are young people ready to go serve who cannot because of a lack of financial resources.
I view these two things as unacceptable:
1. That people are living and dying without hearing the name of Jesus.
2. There are servants ready to go tell who cannot because of a lack of funding.
You can help on this by giving. Give through your church or give directly.
I have personally seen how these monies are used. I’ve seen missionaries drive 4WDs to inaccessible places to share about Jesus. I saw Lottie Moon money used to help the Muslims of Indonesia after the 2004 tsunami. I hid the Jesus Film DVD in Chinese rice fields that were in a specific dialect. This was done through Lottie Moon funding.
I’ve stood by AIDs patients in South Africa who have now come to Jesus through Lottie Moon supported missionaries.
*Lottie Moon was a pioneer missionary for forty years in China. She survived civil wars, persecution, and famine. She died of malnutrition as she left her beloved China in 1912.
Since 1925, Southern Baptists have taken a yearly offering to support our overseas missionaries. DeDe and I will be serving for two years in Africa beginning in 2013. This offering supports the work we will doing.