In this week’s story letter:
1. A word called Resilience.
2. Free Download of “My Grandpas’ Boots.”
3. Christmas Sale: all 12 of our books for $100.
4. Filling your stockings with Christmas Jelly.
5. Photos of “A Day at The Old House.”
A word for December.
It’s a good word. It’s about the quality of bouncing back.
If you fall down seven times, get up eight times.
Our free download story, My Grandpas’ Boots, is a story about the resilience of two men during a tough time in Louisiana.
In my writing, I seem drawn to characters who have the quality of resilience. This is reflected in My Writing World View:
- Life is a spiritual journey.
- The road is often difficult, but you are never alone.
- Growth is necessary, not optional.
- Adversity happens. You can become bitter or better.
- In the end, it’s always about relationships.
- Nature is a gracious teacher.
A reader’s favorite short story from Christmas Jelly is “My Grandpas’ Boots.”
We invite you to download the entire story here and share it with your friends. It’s a good reminder that Christmas is about giving and the right gift can overcome any barrier.
A Special Christmas Gift
Stocking Stuffers: Christmas Jelly
It’s always a thrill to hear from readers who’ve enjoyed Christmas Jelly, our holiday book celebrating Christmas in the woods. Features additional stories for “Bah Humbug”* week. We’re selling Christmas Jelly for $10.00 each plus discounted price on any order of 10 copies or more Learn more here.
* Bah Humbug week is the infamous week after Christmas.
A Day at The Old House
It’s the place where I find the best ideas.
It’s also where my roots are deepest.
We call it The Old House,
And it’s a part of me wherever I go.
The best fires always begin with pine kindling.
The Old House has a double fireplace.
There’s something about a good fire on a cold day.
If you’re enjoying this story letter, forward it to a friend. If you’d like to subscribe to future blogs, click here.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or criticisms, email us at email@example.com