So many of you promised to pray when we left for Africa in January 2013.
You’ve been so faithful and we thank God for each of you. (Phil. 1:3).
Here is a short list of our prayer needs.
It’s a short list full of big needs. Thankfully, we serve a God who is big enough.
Due to my ongoing dysentery, DeDe and I will travel to the U.S. this week. Our East African medical team has recommended this and we are (sadly) in agreement.
- Please pray for traveling mercies and placement with the right doctors/hospital for correct diagnosis.
I call the bug I’ve got “Smaug”* and I’m ready to get rid of him.
Since our three-year term ends in October, our company will not send us back to Africa. This is very bittersweet. There is so much we’d planned in these last three months.
- Pray for our team (Kevin, Justin, Edward, and others) who will continue on to South Sudan this week. This is a strategic trip for the Kingdom. Pray for them! I’m excited about how God is going to work.
- Pray for an upcoming trip to Chad. Jeremy and JD will be putting boots on the ground to see how we can be involved in this strategic difficult country. As August nears, we’ll keep you posted.
- Lift DeDe up. She has stood strongly during both May and June.
- Pray for our many African friends and co-workers. We’ll not be able to say goodbye personally. Goodbyes (and Greetings) are so important in this relationship-based culture. Pray that they’ll understand.
We’ll be in touch this week with more info and news.
* Smaug is the fire-belching dragon in The Hobbit.