Prayer Requests for Boratuku Camp
near Adjumani, Uganda
Boratuku Camp is composed of many new arrivals. These people have left their South Sudanese homes suddenly with nothing. Most of these new arrivals are Dinka.
The Dinka is the largest people group in South Sudan. They number about 2.5 to 3 million with possibly 25 different tribes within the Dinka people group. The Dinka are a proud people with their culture and wealth centering on cattle.
The Dinka are an unreached people group. There are presently two IMB families in the western area of South Sudan that are living and working among the Dinka Rek. There is no other work of the Southern Baptist among this huge population
Thousands of Dinka have fled South Sudan because of the violent conflict in their country. They have left their cattle and their way of life. They have fled to camps within South Sudan and refugee camps in the bordering countries.
Water Tank at Boratuku
Pastor Paul of Grace Baptist Church
Please pray for Boratuku camp.
- Pray for the spiritual needs of salvation and discipleship among the Dinka in this camp.
- Pray for the construction of a borehole, latrines, medical care, schools, and tools so that these people can care for themselves.
- Pray for Pastor Paul of Grace Baptist Church located next to this camp. His desire is to minister in Boratuku Camp.
- Pray that the Lord would clearly guide the IMB personnel who are assigned to work with South Sudanese in how they are to lead Southern Baptists to be on mission with Him.
- Pray for wisdom in responding to the spiritual and humanitarian needs of the South Sudanese who are now in both Uganda and Kenya.
- Pray that the Lord of the Harvest would call out and thrust forth more workers into the South Sudanese field. As of now, the number of personnel assigned to the Chadan Cluster is just too few to enable them to lead in a widespread response.
- Pray that the Lord would show the IMB personnel assigned to work with South Sudanese people how they can partner with national believers and gospel workers serving with other organizations/NGOs, so that through their cooperative efforts more might be done, and done effectively and in a timely manner.
If you will commit to pray for the spiritual and physical needs of the Dinka in Boratuku Camp please respond to DeDe Iles: email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]